Social media are websites and programs that emphasize collaboration, sharing of content, engagement, and community-based feedback. Social media is used by people to connect and communicate with their friends, family, and other communities. Under the social media model, information now circulates in both directions between the reader and the authoritative source. The way information is managed has significantly changed as a result of the capacity to communicate instantly and directly with the news source. It is referred to as “social” because of its direct, one-to-many-and-back-again manner.
Social media is used by billions of people worldwide to connect and share information. Social media gives you the personal freedom to interact with loved ones, explore new interests, learn new things, and be entertained. There are business opportunities as well as social media. So if you want to grow your social media channels especially live streaming channels, you can use Jaynike.
How many people use social media?
Social media has reached half of the world’s 7.7 billion inhabitants since its 1996 debut. Since 2010, when there were 970 million users on social networking sites, that number has almost tripled. According to the Datareportal July 2022 global overview, social media usage has risen steadily:
- Currently, social media is used by 59 percent of the world’s population.
- 4.70 billion individuals use social media today, and 227 million additional people have joined since last year.
- The average daily time spent on social media is 2 hours and 29 minutes.
However, the phenomenal rate of new users joining the platforms year over year is slowing down. It currently depends, particularly in developing countries, on the steady increase in the number of individuals with cell phones and internet access.
Different kinds of social media platforms
- Facebook: The biggest social network in the world, with more than 1.55 billion active users per month. Users set up personal profiles, add friends, and communicate via messages and status updates. Facebook users can “like” the pages that brands create.
- Instagram: a free photo and video sharing program that enables users to edit their photos with digital filters, frames, and effects before sharing them on various social networking platforms.
- Twitter: A free social networking / micro-blogging service that allows groups and individuals to publish short articles known as tweets. These tweets could also contain links, music, images, or video. The Twitter app or website can only be used by users who have a smartphone or internet access.
- Blogs: A frequently updated online page that is used for commercial or personal opinion. An area where readers can leave comments is usually included at the bottom of each blog article because blogs are frequently interactive.
- YouTube/Vimeo: Both are video hosting and watching websites. YouTube is an excellent medium for distributing your video content to the wider public, and it’s free. On the other side, Vimeo bills itself as being “by filmmakers for filmmakers” and is a paid platform.
- LinkedIn: The largest professional network on the internet is called LinkedIn. You can use it to discover the ideal job or internship, establish and strengthen professional ties, and pick up the knowledge you need to advance in your career.
- Flickr: A website and online community for hosting images and videos. On Facebook, Twitter, and other social networking websites, photos can be shared.
In conclusion, social media has a lot of positive applications because it started locally and gained international notoriety. This enables one to become exceptional. In the history of humankind, there has never been a more reliable and efficient platform for linking the world and sharing information. Many people use social media for entertainment purposes, such as knowing what DC comics history. You are aware of how many people use social media and that there are statistics available. It’s astounding to watch how rapidly a social network can take off in terms of technology adoption. For instance, in the last 24 months, TikTok was deployed on one in five internet-connected gadgets.